Sr. Financial Services Representative
Company: Chevron Federal Credit Union
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Chevron Federal Credit Union is one of the top-run credit unions
in the country - and one of the largest, with $4 billion in assets.
Yet our corporate culture is not stuffy: the Team Spirit Committee
runs fun activities and charitable events throughout the year, and
work-life balance, mutual respect, diversity, and providing a voice
for every employee are all important to us. As you might imagine,
we provide competitive pay and great benefits, including:
- Bonus/incentives for all regular employees
- 401(k) with 8% company contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and
dependents paid at 80%
- PTO and paid sabbaticals
- Tuition reimbursement
GENERAL SUMMARY: Accurately perform branch functions while
providing a high level of personal service as described below.
Identify member needs and provide information and assistance in
meeting them. Knowledgeably assist members with their consumer
lending needs. Adhere to both individual and branch sales goals as
Member Service Responsibilities
- Perform general and vault teller functions such as: receiving
and cashing checks and cash for deposits, examining checks for
endorsements, accepting and processing loan payments, cashing
checks, and paying out money.
- Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in
financial transactions, entering transactions into computer.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks.
- Process non-monetary mail transactions including deposit
verifications, address changes, check orders, statement questions,
requests for copies, etc.
- Process membership applications and collect initial
- As needed, remove deposits, count and balance, and replenish
cash in automated teller machines and express drop boxes.
- Identify member needs by reviewing account data and promote new
and additional products and services to enhance members' financial
satisfaction. Complete a member profile questionnaire during member
- Identify sales prospects and follow up on leads in order to
adhere to both individual and branch sales targets as
- Participate in Business Development events and actively solicit
new memberships and promote additional products and services to
- Provide information on all Credit Union services, counsel
members and prospective members in person or by phone on membership
requirements, and provide information on all savings and consumer
- Recognize and identify member's deposit and loan needs
demonstrating through understanding of all consumer loan
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial date
and review loan applications for completeness.
- Accurately enter information in loan systems.
- Review and evaluate the member's credit report. Make
recommendations to loan officers to approve or deny loan requests
based on automated loan systems results.
- Assist in the loan funding process by following Direct Lending
Assume a lead role within the branch:
- Assist in managing the branch within authorized authority, and
in accordance with practices as set out in policy and
- Handle more complex member service functions.
- Assist Branch Manager with Branch Monthly Audits and review
branch reports as assigned.
Promote Credit Union-sponsored business and lending functions.
In Manager's absence, assume Manager's responsibilities by
coaching, mentoring and leading other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school, plus two
to three years' related experience and/or training. Equivalent
combination of education and experience may substitute for stated
- Ability to speak clearly, tactfully, and effectively to
members, volunteers, and employees at all levels of
- Additional for Sr. FSR: Ability to read and interpret documents
such as loan agreements and debt obligation documents such as
judgments, liens, maintenance enforcement orders and similar
instructions and processes related to debt obligations and recovery
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Ability to effectively use all applicable banking and loan
- Moderate keyboard skills at 40 wpm and 10-key by touch.
- Employee must be flexible, a self starter, highly motivated and
able to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively with members and employees at all
levels in the organization
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of member,
employee, and Credit Union information.
- Accurate and efficient cash handling skills
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to become a Notary Public
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work routinely involves sitting or standing for up to eight
hours per day.
- Work involves extensive use of computers, up to eight hours per
- May include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects
weighing up to 20 pounds such as files and documents.
- Must be able to speak on the telephone for several hours per
- Requires close vision, distance vision, and the ability to
We welcome all qualified applicants and pride ourselves on our
diversity. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Keywords: Chevron Federal Credit Union, Houston , Sr. Financial Services Representative, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!