Manager of Sterile Processing - TMC
Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the
activities required to meet the sterile instrument and surgical
equipment processing needs of the facility and/or other areas as
directed. Under general direction of the Regional Director, Sterile
Processing managers perform work ensuring that the operational
performance and quality goals of the department are met.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Health Science or a related
field preferred or five (5) years equivalent experience
- Must hold or attain three (3) certifications from the following
credentialing organizations within 18 months of employment
- Technical certification
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician Certification
(CRCST) with International Association of Healthcare Central
Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) or
- Sterile Processing Certification with Certified Board for
Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Management Training
- Certified Healthcare Leadership (CHL) with IAHCSMM or Certified
in Sterile Processing Management (CSPM) with CBSPD
- Specialty Certification
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) or Certified Endoscope
Reprocessor with IAHCSMM or Surgical Technologist with National
Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Registered Nurse and CNOR Certification a plus
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience involving sterilization of
instruments, equipment and supplies or related experience in the
operating room/acute hospital environment
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Oversee at least 15 employees, at least 12 ORs, and at least
- Basic knowledge of budgeting concepts
- Knowledge of perioperative and materials management software
programs e.g. Care4, Surginet, point of use technology (e.g. Pyxis,
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and Association for Advancement
of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standards
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Plans and directs the activities involved in the acquisition,
decontamination, storage, assembly, and cleaning and sterilization
of medical, surgical and related supplies, materials and equipment
utilized in the care and treatment of patients.
- Manages Sterile Processing department personnel to achieve
established operational and quality goals: Schedules and conducts
performance evaluations, interviews prospective employees and
completes personnel actions, including counseling and terminations,
- Directs and maintains quality control parameters for
sterilization processes and ensures biological/mechanical testing
is performed on all cleaning/sterilization equipment throughout the
hospital. Develop and maintain related policies and
- Maintains and monitors inventory levels of supplies and
- Adheres to all MH policies, procedures, and standards, within
budgetary specifications, including time management, supply
management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Assists with budget preparation and is accountable for meeting
budgetary parameters. Provides complete and timely reports and
updates on activities and achievements.
- Acts as a resource to Sterile Processing staff and internal
- Represents facility on system Sterile Processing Council and
other teams or committees, as requested.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Houston , Manager of Sterile Processing - TMC, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!