**Reports to the major. Responsible for clerical tasks, systems
and procedures related to the mailroom in compliance with
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of
Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.**
1. Process all incoming and outgoing mail; prepare forms and
maintain records and files related to offender correspondence.
2. Sort, open, inspect and scan offender mail. Maintain related
records. Deliver offender mail.
3. Act as authorized courier for receipt of registered, special
delivery, or other mail received for employees and/or
4. Sort department mail.
5. Maintain contact with US Postal Service and private mail
carriers (i.e. UPS, Federal Express, etc.)
6. Operate postal equipment and ascertain postage needed.
7. Ensure outgoing mail is sent daily. This may include delivery
to post office or other location.
8. Requires regular pushing and pulling of mail carts, carrying
mail bins, and lifting and moving packages.
9. Requires long periods of walking or standing.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through
modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate
behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding
social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as
assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by
**_Education and Experience Requirements:_**
High school diploma or equivalent or GED required. One (1) year
related experience, including proficiency with various word
processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and computer data entry
experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas
with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by
**_Post Hire Requirements_** :
Must successfully complete annual in-service training
requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which
must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity