Senior Backlog Manager
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest
minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the
way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our
relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by
our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three
values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to
discover what's next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and
grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it
an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Job ID: 1078444 Date Posted: 3/1/2021 Primary Location: Houston,
Texas Job Category: Supply Chain & Operations Schedule: Full time
Shift: Shift 1, 0% premium (United States of America)
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating
demand/supply management, business processes and/or
manufacturing/delivery of products and services to the company
policy and country regulatory requirements. Partners with
stakeholders to identify/implement opportunities for business
process improvement to effectively manage costs, integrate new and
existing businesses, and adapt to changes in the business and
regulatory environment. Time horizon is typically focused on less
than six months for forecasting/planning. Leading and working with
cross-functional teams, creates and implements plans that enable
the execution of business strategies. Participates in the process
by which demand signals are developed, validated for alignment with
transition plans, supply constraints identified, and an executable
plan defined that meets financial and market share goals. Scope
includes business execution processes related to lifecycle
planning; order management (including allocation management,
Available to Promise (ATP) / commit processes, business attainment
tracking); logistics management (including inbound/outbound
coordination and consolidation of domestic and international
systems to support shipments); and inventory management (including
analysis, optimization and velocity). Partners cross-functionally
to develop, track and manage business metrics for the organization
(may include customer availability, service levels, on-time
delivery, supplier response time (SRTs), supply chain costs and
- Accountable for supply and demand activities for multiple,
complex product lines, ensuring that performance (inventory, cost,
etc.) meets the overall business needs.
- Manages a team of senior-level exempt individual contributors
and Managers that typically support a complex global business
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual
performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that
the proper tools are in place to support the team and the
- Ensures the delivery of products and services that meet the
performance metrics defined by senior management; supports the
design of performance measurement processes.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic
decision-making within a broad scope.
- Creates new operational efficiencies and cost savings within
the supply chain on a broad scale using process improvement and
- Manages the demand and supply matching activities from a
strategic level, ensuring that operations are achieving the key
- Lead regional/global business unit's trade compliance to
realize efficiencies and advantages in the supply chain.
- Oversees the development and delivery of complex initiatives
that can impact the supply chain globally, typically requiring the
leadership of cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- University degree or equivalent experience; advanced university
- Requires 10+ years of experience in a supply chain function (or
- Typically 2-4 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess experience and knowledge of SAP S/4 HANA
- Excellent understanding of demand and supply planning
processes, business operations, and strategy.
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, data modeling, and
- Excellent project management skills, including time and risk
management, and project structuring.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team- building,
conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to manage human capital in a virtual and global
environment to drive workforce development and achieve desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
advanced negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple
business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and
- Strong understanding of the company's policies and
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced understanding of national and international trade
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of
audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in
English. and local language
Join us and make your mark!
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about
Then let's stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and
building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds,
perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions
we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is
representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where
we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Houston , Senior Backlog Manager, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!