Optometrist Per Diem - Varies
Company: Legacy Community Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Summary - Per Diem Optometrist
Examining the eyes of patients of all ages to detect signs of
injury, disease, abnormality and defects in vision.
Checks for signs and symptoms of general health conditions (for
example diabetes). Must be flexible with hours and open to
traveling to different clinics.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Communicates with patients to get detailed case histories.
- Performs test using specialist equipment for diagnosis.
- Issues prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses.
- Fitting and checking prescribed lenses in order to correct
- Offering advice and reassurance about matters related to
- Offering help and advice for patients choosing frames and
- Writing referral notices to doctors.
- Undertaking continuing education and training (CET).
- Managing staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical
- Liaising with sales representatives from vision care product
- Develop and maintenance of Clinical diagnostic and treatment
protocols as needed.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Licenses, & Training
- Doctor of Optometry with current licensure.
Required Years of Experience
- Experience working at an FQHC or working with the
Desirable Education and/or Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize
Keywords: Legacy Community Health, Houston , Optometrist Per Diem - Varies, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!