Software Category Manager - Global Indirect Procurement
Company: HP Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex
business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data
requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or
provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate
in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing
direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing
policies. Frequently represents the organization to external
customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment
within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best
method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide
mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Procurement Manager is responsible for managing procurement of
assigned category for HP and its customers to meet business
requirements, maximize value (reduce cost), and mitigate risk.
Primary role is to manage category/subcategory activity, including
strategy definition, sourcing, supplier selection, negotiation, and
development, and supply base optimization. Also includes definition
of procurement policies and processes to achieve objectives.
- This job is part of the Global Category team inside the Global
Indirect Procurement (GIP) organization, and specifically will
focus on Software purchases within the Software category.
- GIP's value definition spreads above savings or budget
reductions, including business considerations like revenue
enablement, cash flow management and industry benchmark.
- This role provides centralized and standard category/
subcategory support across the globe, region or country for a
diverse services portfolio of Procurement activities including
Negotiation, Risk mitigation, Contracting, Sourcing, business
continuity, Supplier/Spend Management and cost/operational
- Analyzes average category data, industry information/market
intelligence, and business requirements and embeds expertise and
criteria while negotiating and providing a procurement
recommendation to stakeholders.
- Provides day to day support and interaction with internal
stakeholders across all Business Units in HP and Global
- Collaborates with peers and Global Category Strategists to
ensure connection and execution of the strategy determined to the
specific area of spend
- Provides support to GIP category teammates to assist in the
development of stakeholder relationships.
- Provides support to GIP colleagues and peers acting in the
capacity of extended leadership teams.
- Leads low to moderately complex supplier sourcing; Supports
moderately complex sourcing.
- Negotiates, contracts, and manages low to moderately complex
- Awareness and understanding of GIP's Contract Manual, it's
intended application and the interests behind the legal principles
and alternative language contained therein.
- Common knowledge of contracting principles and interests
embodied in HP contracting templates, and ability to apply those
principles in low to moderately complex supplier negotiations.
- Mitigates risk through effective contracting, business
controls, and on-going assessment.
- Execute cost savings and value generation projects.
- Focus on the employee experience of interacting with GIP
(Customer Satisfaction) and timely deliverable according to the
business needs. Turnaround time is one key indicator that is
- In addition to these activities, this role may participate in
innovation, transformation or improvement projects related to
business processes or employee engagement.
- All GIP employees must complete onboarding trainings and
mandatory corporate trainings such as Standard of Business Conduct,
Global Trade and others.
- Always act within the "HP Way" and exemplify the behaviors of
the employee culture in GIP.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience;
advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes,
industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel,
- Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract from standard HP or customized
contract templates with limited supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging
contact risk areas.
- Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk
areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Strong understanding of HP.
Keywords: HP Inc, Houston , Software Category Manager - Global Indirect Procurement, Other , Spring, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!