Client Development Specialist (Part Time)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Actively search for new business opportunities for engineering
consulting department, office or division. Develop and foster
long-term client relationships. Utilize contacts in appropriate
professional organizations to network with potential clients and
develop intelligence regarding the firm's competition. Use
networking contacts to develop leads and provide new projects from
past, existing and future clients. Prepare marketing materials
including qualification packages, written proposals and other
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the client development representative for an office or
- Responsible for using his/her personal contacts to develop
long-term client relationships.
- Spends time outside the office in direct contact with clients
- Schedules meetings with existing and potential clients for
purpose of introducing or reminding clients of firm's capabilities.
Utilizes office staff to augment and assist as needed.
- Develops and uses networking contacts to generate client leads
and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients.
May solicit advice or assistance from other members of the firm to
implement this strategy.
- Assists operations managers with the preparation and execution
of client development plans and programs.
- Utilizes the contacts in appropriate professional organizations
to network with potential clients and to develop intelligence
regarding the firm's competition.
- Reports to supervisor on planned and proposed sales activities
within his or her goals. May be accountable for generating
specified volume of business within a pre-defined time frame.
- Collaborates with others in corporate roles (NAMs, Sectors,
Marketing) to coordinate client and project pursuits.
- Assists with organization and execution of promotional
activities and programs which include professional displays at
designated conferences or professional trade shows.
- Utilizes the available business intelligence tools to seek the
opportunities that present the highest chances for success.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related degree and 3 years'
related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Houston , Client Development Specialist (Part Time), Other , Freeport, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!