Electrical Specialist - Deer Park, TX
Company: Praxair, Inc.
Location: Deer Park
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are currently seeking an Electrical Field Service Technician
that will be based at our Deer Park, TX location. This position
will report to the Reliability Center Manager and will work with
the United States Industrial Gases (USIG) Regional Reliability team
to achieve strategic reliability goals within the Region.
The overall objective of the Electrical Field Service Technician
is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production
facilities at the lowest life cycle cost.
The Electrical Field Service Technician will be responsible for
the identification, development, and implementation of
preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions
for electrical systems and equipment in multiple facilities. This
person will be expected to work independently and make technical
decisions and recommendations in the field.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial electrical distribution
systems and equipment including:
- Substations, Breakers, Switchgear, MCCs, Protective Relay
systems, Battery and UPS systems and Transformers with voltages up
- Induction and synchronous motors up to 40,000 hp and 15,000
- Back-up generators up to 1500kW.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform preventive maintenance
based on established procedures.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform predictive maintenance -
such as IR Thermography, Transformer Oil Analysis, Partial
Discharge Analysis and Power Quality Analysis.
- Support root cause analysis program for major failures.
- Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic electrical asset
concerns (bad actors).
- Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of electrical
- Assess equipment performance data and ensure optimal and
- Provide on-site or remote direction to plant or contract
personnel to ensure safe and effective work.
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense
of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field
work. This position typically requires up to 50% out of town travel
Accessibility during off-hours is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of medium
voltage (5 kV to 15kV) electrical systems and equipment in an
industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting and repairs
of industrial electrical systems and equipmen
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of
industrial electrical systems and equipment.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as
lead/participate on teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages
multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages
(MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering /
Electrical Engineering Technology or Licensed Journeyman
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and
- Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in
an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair, Inc., Houston , Electrical Specialist - Deer Park, TX, Other , Deer Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!