Food & Beverage Supervisor-Full Service Restaurant
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for assisting the
Food and Beverage Manager in ensuring first quality Food and
Beverage service while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll
and overhead costs. He/she is also responsible for continually
working toward improving Food and Beverage sales revenues beyond
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required. High School diploma or equivalent
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality
Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in maintaining food and
- Maintain close communication links with all employees seeking
input regarding food and beverage issues and acting as a motivating
- Monitor and follow up on all servers' cash overages and
- Maintain service standards throughout the department by using
such quality control instruments as Standard of the Week and
- Immediately follow up on accidents problems or guest complaints
in the Food and Beverage Department.
- Be familiar with and able to react to emergency situations by
knowing locations of fire and extinguishers and exits.
- Maintain proper consistent disciplinary actions for all Food
and Beverage employees.
- Be familiar with P.O.S. system used in the hotel.
- Ensure employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful
and courteous to guests employees and other managers.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in wage progress and
productivity reports for Food and Beverage Department.
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules according to business
forecast maintaining adherence to wage control productivity
standards and guest service scores.
- Assist in monthly food and beverage inventories and
- Ensure all side work duties are completed by servers.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in developing promotional
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in planning and organizing
monthly department meetings.
- Initiate and promote sales efforts for all service
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in preparing for and
conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager and Food Production
Manager in maintaining and improving the quality and presentation
of all food products.
- Attend weekly Food and Beverage meeting daily pre-meal meetings
and other meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Hotel Derek, Houston's hottest boutique hotel is located in the
very fashionable Galleria and River Oaks District. The hotel revels
in its split personality: business by day, pleasure by night,
corporate digs by workweek, romantic getaway by weekend. By
thoughtfully embracing this dual nature, Hotel Derek provides its
guests with a chic place to work, play and "Stay In The Loop". The
property offers luxury guest rooms and suites, many of which boast
views through floor to ceiling windows of the Galleria and downtown
skyline. Enjoy dining or sipping craft cocktails at the hip &
happening restaurant, Revolve Kitchen + Bar or lounge poolside at
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Houston , Food & Beverage Supervisor-Full Service Restaurant, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!