Sr Endoscopy Technologist - Pulmonary Procedures
Company: MD Anderson
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Primary Function: Assist with bronchscopy procedures. Prepares
for and assists with Pulmonary Procedures.
- Prepares and sets-up equipment required for bronchoscopy
procedures. These include: Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC), Nd:YAP
Laser, Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), rigid and flexible
bronchoscopy systems, pleuroscopy system, fluoroscopy system,
autofluorescence system, and fluoroscopy system.
- Prepares catheters and instruments for use, including:
pneumothorax catheters, chest drainage catheters, bronchial balloon
catheters, APC catheters, biopsy forceps, endobronchial brushes,
guidewires and snares.
- Inputs relevant patient information into data management
- Assist with and follows procedural protocols for diagnostic
bronchoscopies, bronchoscopy with lavage, bronchoscopy with
brushing, bronchoscopy with biopsy, bronchoscopy with
transbronchial biopsy, bronchoscopy with fine needle aspiration,
bronchoscopy with transbronchial needle aspiration.
- Collects and Processes Bronchoscopy Specimens -
- Collects BAL, biopsy, brush and fine needle aspiration
specimens and places in appropriate preservation and transport
media (formalin, RPMI, and ringer's). Prepares cytophatology
- Labels specimen containers and slides according to laboratory
- Generates and completes forms to accompany specimens to
laboratory, documents proper patient identifiers and pertinent
clinical information for requested tests.
- Arranges for pick-up of specimens or delivers specimens to
- Cleans Bronchoscopy Instruments -
- Cleans bronchoscopy equipment and verifies integrity of
equipment according to laboratory standards. Documents and removes
damaged equipment from service and promptly reports incident to
- Handles bronchoscopes with care, ensures that the insertion
tube is not coiled too tightly. Stores scopes in appropriate
- Thoroughly cleans instrument prior to placing in high level
disinfectant. Follows protocol for both automated and manual
- Maintains appropriate Competencies -
- Ensures that appropriate clinical skills are learned and
maintained to support physicians with bronchoscopy procedures.
- Facilitates learning by attending lectures, seminars, and
in-services to stay abreast of new techniques.
- Consistently works within the scope of practice and competency
- Other Duties as assigned.
Technical/Functional Expertise - Demonstrate technical
proficiency required to do the job; possess up-to-date knowledge in
the profession; provide expertise to others.
Analytical Thinking - Gather relevant information
systematically; break down problems into simple components; make
Self-Adaptability - Work in situations involving uncertainty,
shifting priorities, and rapid change; deal constructively with
mistakes and setbacks; demonstrate flexibility.
Inspire Trust - Show consistency among principles, values, and
behavior; gain the confidence and trust of others.
Oral Communication - Express ideas clearly and concisely in
groups and one-to-one conversations; create an environment with
open channels of communication.
Required: High school graduation or equivalent.
Required: Three years of endoscopy experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer
Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected
by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless
such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 140061
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the
provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Day/Evening, Days, Evening/Night, Evenings, Nights,
Rotating, Varied, Weekends
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 55,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 66,000
- Science Jobs: No
Keywords: MD Anderson, Houston , Sr Endoscopy Technologist - Pulmonary Procedures, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!