Senior Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: Independent Bank Group, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The incumbent originates mortgage files and assists with
processing and underwriting conditions when necessary. This is a
full-time/non-exempt position with full benefits and is primarily
commission-based. The person hired may work from any of our
- Pre-qualifies all borrowers for both interim and permanent real
- Gathers all necessary loan documentation from customer to
- Inputs loan application on Mortgage Origination software,
evaluates documents and compares for accuracy.
- Responsible for ordering credit reports through the bank's
software and making a printed copy.
- Submits loan documentation for approval.
- Orders appraisals and title work when needed.
- Assists Processors by helping compile conditions of loan
approvals to submit to underwriting for final approval.
- Back-up closing function when necessary by ordering documents,
complete fee sheets and schedule closings.
- Compares competitive mortgage rates daily and price the Bank's
daily quotes when necessary.
- Locks in interest rates with lender on lender software when
- Submits monthly commission report to manager by the first
working day after month end (using Word and Excel)
- Completes compliance and other job related training as
- Refers unusual or suspicious activities or transactions to the
BSA officer immediately
- Complies with all department and bank policies and procedures
and maintains compliance with State and Federal Regulations
- Contributes to the fulfillment of the department and the bank
objectives and goals
- Performs as a team member, and completes any other job-related
duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Education should include the
successful completion of recent mortgage courses (conventional and
FHA lending). Must have a thorough knowledge of mortgage
regulations, as well as the recent changes on guidelines for all
1-4 family residential loans.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in all aspects of mortgage
lending and originating.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer, including knowledge of
Windows based software.
- Detailed oriented and well organized.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Ability to review appraisals.
- Knowledgeable in using various types of mortgage software
- Proficient ability to run Automated Underwriting Systems.
- Familiar with all mortgage compliance laws (RESPA, HMDA, REGZ,
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and
OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily
operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with
all regulatory requirements.
Keywords: Independent Bank Group, Inc, Houston , Senior Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!