Medical Scribe / Clinical Informatics Specialist - Spanish Bilingual
Company: Oak Street Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Spanish Bilingual Scribe/Clinical Informatics Specialist
Full time, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of
community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality
health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical
costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare
in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic,
comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's
communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest
cost savings in further care for those same communities and others.
At 50 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak
Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody
Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild
healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The goal of this position is to be the personal data assistant
to the provider. This means you handle informatics responsibilities
for providers during patient visits in our centers. CISs are
trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate
and specific documentation, population health workflows, and team
based care. A major goal will be to also facilitate efficient and
effective medical care for our patients.
We start simple: build meaningful relationships with patients
and their families, then layer on resources to help our teams
provide excellent care. Our facilities are all new and designed
around a model of comprehensive, personalized primary care. We
emphasize the use of technology to improve care quality and make
life easy for our providers. We are a team of highly motivated,
work hard/play hard individuals who believe in the mission of
providing excellent primary care.
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consultation with the care team and other providers on patient
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- Applicants committed to ongoing learning that are interested in
a full time short-term (1 year) or longer term opportunities. We
are especially interested in recent graduate/gap year/deferred
acceptance premedical students looking to gain practical, paid
experience in a patient care setting prior to applying to medical,
dental, nursing, or physician assistant school.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to type 70+ words per minute.
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a
team providing patient care.
- Excellent job attendance. (Our providers count on you.)
- Ability to work approximately 40-45 hours per week (full time
position) with predictable hours and protected break times.
- Compliance with hospital and Oak Street Health policies,
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky". What it means to be
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be
found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused
on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health,
vision and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in
Keywords: Oak Street Health, Houston , Medical Scribe / Clinical Informatics Specialist - Spanish Bilingual, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!