Director, Case Management
Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Director of Case Management is responsible and accountable
for the implementation of the case management program at the local
level. The components/roles of the inpatient case management
program consist of the following: Care Facilitation, Utilization
Management, Case Management and Discharge Planning.
The Director is responsible for developing systems and processes
for care/utilization management and discharge planning at the
hospital level. In addition, the Director may be responsible for
managing the department's activities related to discharge planning
and clinical quality improvement. The Director evaluates and
ensures that hospital resources are used appropriately and
effectively. The Director oversees the collection, analysis and
reporting of financial and quality data related to utilization
management, quality improvement and performance improvement. The
Director promotes interdisciplinary collaboration, fosters teamwork
and champions service excellence.
Education: Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or Masters Social Work
(MSW); Masters degree preferred
- Current and valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
the state of Texas or
- Current and valid Texas license as a Master's Social Worker
- LCSW preferred and Certified Case Manager (CCM), Accredited
Case Manager (ACM) or
- Fellowship of the American Academy of Case Management (FAACM),
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum five (5) years experience in utilization management,
case management, discharge planning or other cost/quality
- Three (3) years of experience in hospital-based nursing or
social work preferred
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Self-motivated, proven communication skills, assertive
- Background in business planning, and targeted outcomes
- Working knowledge of managed care, inpatient, outpatient, and
the home health continuum, as well as utilization management and
- Working knowledge of the concepts associated with Performance
- Demonstrated effective working relationship with
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals
at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Plans, directs and supervises all aspects of the local level
- Facilitates growth and development of the case management
program consistent with enterprise wide philosophy and in response
to the dynamic nature of the health care environment through
benchmarking for best practices, networking, quality management,
and other activities as needed.
- Responsible for approving and managing the day to day local
level operational budget.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE's
meet or exceed budget.
- Prepares and submits budget and related reports.
- Forecasts and accurately projects expenses.
- Takes corrective action to address negative variances.
- Identifies and proposes capital budget items
- Identifies and achieves optimal targeted financial outcomes via
the inpatient case management process.
- Responsible for departmental personnel functions (hiring,
firing, etc.) in conjunction with the Executive Director of Medical
- Writes and conducts annual and interim performance appraisal
reviews for the professional and non-professional staff in
- Acts as liaison to facilitate communication and collaboration
between all care partners (physicians, hospitalists, community care
managers, nurses, community resources, etc.)
- Responsible for leading a high performance team of "system
thinkers" who incorporate leadership principles and vision in
performing the functions of case management.
- Uses data to drive decisions, plan, and implement performance
improvement strategies for case management.
- Oversees the education of physicians, managers, staff, patients
and families related to the case management process at the local
- Participates in this evolutionary process by constantly
identify future needs of current customers and/or identifying
potential new customers.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Houston , Director, Case Management, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!