Senior Contracts Administrator
Requisition Number: 3069
Location: Headquarters - 1900 Main, Houston, TX, 77002
Houston, TX, US
Pay Rate: GR12
Responsible for the acquisition of goods and services by means
of contracts and purchase orders. Manages and monitors the terms
and conditions of active contracts to ensure compliance to all
contract provisions. Administers contracts in all areas including,
construction, architectural, engineering services, supplies,
equipment, bus and bus-related equipment/services. Usually manages
the more difficult contracts, either from a negotiating complexity
or volume standpoint. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner
and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Contracts for complex, high dollar value goods and services and
recommends awards on the basis of the low and/or most favorable
bid/proposal received. Structures contracts and prepares
documentation in support of recommendations being made.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, and
Request for Qualifications, and related solicitation
- Prepares and maintains pre-contract procurement plans and
conducts Pre-Award Surveys relative to contractor capability and
responsibility including visits to contractor facilities.
- Performs contract administration from contract inception
through performance, contract completion and close-out. Takes
timely corrective action to prevent or correct poor or late
performance. Initiates termination action if appropriate.
- Reviews scope of services, statements of work/specifications,
recommending changes to ensure compliance with required objectives,
funding constraints, the elimination of contradictions, conflicts
and ambiguities to assure conformance with all legal and
- Chairs Source Selection Committees and Pre-Proposal or Pre-Bid
Conferences. Participates in design review meetings.
- Accepts and evaluates prospective contractor proposals or bids.
Evaluates contractor bid/proposals for conformance to solicitation
requirements and makes determinations relative to the
responsiveness of contract bid/proposals.
- Obtains or performs price/cost analysis, as appropriate, as
well as technical evaluations.
- Develops and documents negotiation strategy including
establishment of METRO position relative to a fair and reasonable
- Maintains contract award information into purchasing system,
maintains inventory and identifies and makes recommendations for
alternative parts, suppliers and vendors.
- Prepares monthly statements for P-Card charges.
- Maintains current certificates of insurance.
- Prepares reports as necessary.
- Implements and tests new procurement software as required.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to
reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High diploma school or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in
Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum seven (7) years contracts administration experience to
include preparation, negotiation and awarding of contracts.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Thorough knowledge of Procurement practices, state and federal
laws and regulations; good working knowledge of contracts and
contracting practices, uniform commercial code, state law and
emphasis on federal procedures required; good human relations
skills, strong written/verbal, analytical and organization skills
required; knowledge of PC's and related software; Ability to
maintain positive working relationships with all departments;
specifically Materials Division and Operations Department.
Microsoft Office, Oracle Purchasing, PRISM, Contract
Administration, and SAP Supply Chain/Purchasing; proficiency in
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a
zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All
internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug
testing before employment and will be subject to further drug
and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will
submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the
Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit
Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals
regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Houston