Rentals Operations Manager
Company: Carrier Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID 30039368 City Houston State Texas Country United
United States of America
CAT27: CRS-Houston 100 Southbelt Industrial Drive, Houston, TX,
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air
conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls,
automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer,
smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
Carrier Rentals Systems provides year-round solutions for
temperature & humidity control, ventilation & filtration, power
generation & electrical distribution to commercial & industrial
markets by renting HVAC equipment. These solutions support
emergency breakdowns, planned outages, equipment retrofits,
increasing production capacity, and plant expansions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, assigns, and adjusts work methods and procedures
to meet schedules using knowledge of capacities and capabilities of
- Insures technician's daily activities are scheduled
- Performs regular depot audits to ensure quality equipment
repair and testing. Communicate with Technicians regarding
improvements or areas of concern
- Oversite and management to ensure timely and accurate depot
purchasing, booking, invoicing, and collections process.
- Financial responsibilities include collecting quotes from
vendors for parts or repair options and communication with Regional
Leadership concerning "Best Fix Options."
- Ensures budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes expenditures
to stay within budget.
- Assist sales department in selection and application of proper
equipment and accessories for complex rentals.
- Provides technical support to the sales department, both at the
depot and job site visits.
- Engages directly with external customers and vendors when a
conflict or issue occurs.
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, engineers, and others
concerning equipment operations or maintenance
- Initiates measures to improve methods, equipment performance,
and quality of work.
- Inspects work in process to ensure its completion within
allotted time limits and for acceptable quality standards
- Conducts formal operations meetings regularly
- Ensures fleet readiness, accessories, and spare parts
inventories are at acceptable levels and that equipment fleet,
accessories are accurate and up to date in the systems.
- Reviews all written labor documents regularly
- Directs and guides the lead service techs to prioritize labor
hours on a daily and weekly basis
- Coordinates engineering and sales support activities to
facilitate offering and supporting quality products and
- Promotes the importance of the EH&S program to all direct
- Ensures all required inspections, training is completed on
- Maintain required customer site specific EH&S training for
- Guides the Rental and Equipment Coordinators in applying their
duties such as order entry, arrangement of freight services, job
file management, booking, invoicing, collections, purchasing, and
maintaining of information tracking logs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- BA/BS in business or technical field preferred.
- 5 - 10 years experience in an industrial environment
- Working knowledge of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment
and the rental industry preferred
- Proven capacity to communicate professionally in written and
verbal format across a wide audience
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
Access & PowerPoint)
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also
able to manage multiple priorities
- Superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- A valid driver's license is required
- 10% travel required
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy
Keywords: Carrier Corporation, Houston , Rentals Operations Manager, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!