Senior Patient Affairs Specialist
Company: Baylor College of Medicine
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Senior Patient Affairs Specialist provides information to
patients and maintains good patient rapport. Obtains insurance
pre-certifications and verifications and ensure reimbursement from
patients or other responsible parties. This is a mandatory onsite
position in the Physician's office, with no option to work from
- Responds to and assists physicians with patient questions.
- Obtains benefits, creates estimates for patient out of pocket,
and submits authorizations for services.
- Follows up on submitted authorizations, notates authorization
in appropriate area in Epic for all services.
- Contacts patient to collect out of pocket expenses.
- Contacts departments regarding missing clinical information if
required by insurance company.
- Contacts PCP offices to obtain referrals.
- Understands high level specialty services authorizations.
- Updates referral statuses and collection efforts in Epic.
- Answers Insurance Verification Helpline and solves insurance
issues for patients, physicians, and departments.
- Responds to specific account inquiries by management.
- Creates estimate letters that are electronically forwarded to
patients to inform them of their financial responsibility.
- Provides and explains educational material to patients.
- Investigates insurance coverage and demographics.
- Reseraches claims denied for no authorization and performs
- Answers phones and provides information to patients or takes
detailed messages and routes them to the appropriate party.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Epic experience preferred.
- Infusion experience and general specialty services benefits and
authorization experiences a must.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
Keywords: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston , Senior Patient Affairs Specialist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!