Medical Assistant II
Company: Baylor College of Medicine
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Baylor Medicine Spine Center is seeking a highly motivated
and self confident medical assistant who is comfortable utilizing
technology to engage with patients and providers. The medical
assistant will be required to provide ample support to clinicians
and patients before and after their appointments. The medical
assistant will work directly with multiple providers to provide
high quality patient care in the clinic setting for both office
visits and in office procedures.
- Confirms patient appointments 1 - 2 weeks prior to date of
service by ensuring patients receive new patient paperwork to
complete prior to appointment and are aware to bring any medical
records that are relevant to their visit.
- Ensures patients are scheduled with the appropriate
- Obtains referring provider information and request relevant
medical records and referrals prior to appointment as needed.
- Displays proficiency in ability to successfully obtain vital
- Schedules and assist with in office procedures Schedule
procedures performed in the operating room.
- Has the ability to manage high volume clinics and calls
- Asnswers patient calls in a competent, professional and timely
- Assists clinicians with medication refills and prior
authorizations as needed.
- Assists clinicians with imaging orders and prior authorizations
- Assists clinicians with medical record review to determine
scheduling needs of patient.
- Utilizes electronic health record (Epic) in interactions with
patients and referring provider offices for documentation.
- Utilizes electronic health record (Epic) to upload patient
- Utilizez imaging software (PACS) to upload images.
- Assists with other duties as needed.
- Demonstrates effective communication, time management,
teamwork, organization, multi-tasking and professionalism skills in
all aspects of role.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical
Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an
accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP,
NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
- Active BLS/CPR certification
- Previous experience in specialty practice
- Previous experience using electronic health records
- Previous experience scheduling/assisting with procedures,
utilizing a C-ARM and autoclave
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
Keywords: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston , Medical Assistant II, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!