Company: Goodwill Houston
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Goodwill Houston is a non-profit
organization that serves people who need help people who have
barriers to employment - people who are looking for a new start. We
are proud that we are a second chance employer. Our success comes
from our Goodwill Family, the honest, passionate and innovative
Team Members who assist our customers and donors, keep our
locations clean and inviting, while being advocate for or mission
Goodwill is a place to belong, a
place to make a difference and a place that "Changes Lives Through
the power of Work."
Specialist (Attendant) position provides an opportunity,
in a retail setting, to excel in a growing, fast paced,
customer/donor focused role, working both independently and as a
member of a team, to positively impact the lives of
Essential Duties and
- Accepts donations with a cheerful
and pleasant disposition.
- Unload and sort materials in the
donation area according to GWH guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of
donations and issue completed donation receipts to all
- Provide excellent customer
- Greet each customer and assist
with basic questions.
- Assist with keeping production
- Assist with loading and unloading
merchandise and equipment as needed.
- Assist with the security and
safety of GWH Team Members and property.
- Perform necessary janitorial
- Demonstrate professionalism and
presents a friendly, cooperative attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick
decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced
- Must be punctual and have
- Must conduct work in a safe
manner; maintain good housekeeping standards, have all aisles and
pathways to fire exists clear and free from clutter, keep work
areas neat and clean.
- Must report all work incidents
and injuries immediately.
- Adheres to all GWH policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate and
interact well with a variety of personality types.
- Poses excellent customer service
- Retail sales experience is
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work a flexible
- Must have reliable
The ability to stand, twist, bend,
squat, reach, kneel, push and pull. Able to lift, up to, 40 lbs.
and, occasionally, lift/move items, up to, 100 lbs. (e.g. large
bags of donations, televisions, furniture, etc.) Must be able to
stand for extended periods of time.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Goodwill Houston, Houston , Donation Specialist, Other , Tomball, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!