Environmental Services Technician - Days - Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
Company: Houston Methodist Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Houston Methodist, the Environmental Services Technician
position performs a variety of general as well as moderately
complex cleaning tasks in assigned specialty areas to provide a
safe and attractive environment for patients, guests, and staff.
This position maintains environmental and infection control
standards within established policies and procedures. In addition,
the Environmental Services Technician position follows Association
of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) standards for turnover and terminal
cleaning of procedure rooms. This position works with floor
maintenance equipment and chemicals as well as handling and
interaction with hazardous materials for appropriate disposal,
conference room set ups and linen distribution, collection and
tracking, as appropriate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are
essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Interacts in a positive, professional manner with patients,
family and staff. (EF)
- Actively participates in meetings, huddles and with other team
members using positive communication. (EF)
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a
dynamic, team focused work unit to achieve optimal results.
SERVICE - 30%
- Responds promptly and positively to requests for assistance
with directions and information from patients, staff and visitors.
- Promptly responds to all assignments to create an environment
that is conducive for healing. Communicates and documents any
facility or patient related issues to management, as appropriate.
- Performs efficient room cleaning processes ensuring timely
patient admissions. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Follows department process for room cleaning and discharge
inspections, as appropriate, with the goal of meeting or exceeding
HCAHPS cleanliness scores. (EF)
- Achieves discharge, daily room cleaning and assigned area
turn-around times, as appropriate. (EF)
- During discharge activity, tracks, logs, and notifies
appropriate management of safety and repair needs for equipment.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety rules. Corrects minor
safety hazards and observes standard infection control precautions
and complies with OSHA standards. (EF)
- Performs one or more of the following: (EF)
- Follows proper cleaning/maintenance procedures for all floor
types utilizing equipment, as appropriate.
- Collects, transports and disposes of solid/biohazard waste
through proper procedures.
- Follows identified cleaning procedures, which may include
utilizing specialty equipment, in assigned areas (e.g. surgical,
procedural or isolation areas, etc.).
- Uses appropriate transporting techniques for clean or soiled
linen and assists with quality assurance by examining, identifying
and rejecting poor quality linen.
FINANCE - 10%
- Appropriately uses and stores chemicals, paper goods, supplies,
and equipment utilized during a shift. Reports, tracks and assesses
wasteful practices. (EF)
- Manages time effectively and prioritize department daily tasks,
minimizing incidental overtime. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Assumes responsibility for growth and development. Participates
in continuing education and in-service programs. Actively
participates in EVS shared governance, meetings or huddles by
contributing ideas towards improving the efficiency and
effectiveness of department processes. (EF)
- Fosters a positive and constructive teaching environment by
engaging coworkers in learning opportunities that are valuable and
in alignment with business objectives. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the
employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job
duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise
job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include:
GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full
completion of post-secondary education, etc.) preferred
- One year of experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Valid Texas Driver's License preferred
- US Department Of Transportation Hazardous Materials
Certification within 90 days of employment (renewed every 3
- Note: Current incumbents have 120 days from this job
description revision date to acquire certification Associated
topics: clinical, emr, environment, environmental, healthy,
hospital, physician, safety, scba, waste
Keywords: Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston , Environmental Services Technician - Days - Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, Other , Tomball, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!