Backhoe and Excavator Equipment Operator
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 6608
Operates one or several types of power construction equipment to
excavate, move, and grade earth, or to move construction materials
and other heavy materials at construction sites
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets up heavy construction equipment.
- Operates equipment to grade or redistribute earth.
- Operates equipment to move, load, or unload material.
- Installs equipment or attachments on machinery or related
- Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance
with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs equipment safety and maintenance checks.
- Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning
or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew
- Locates underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to
- Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such
as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling
- Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems
- Pushes other equipment when extra traction or assistance is
- A minimum of one year experience operating heavy equipment in a
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and
- Ability to read and understand construction
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Works at construction sites.
- Uses hands to handle and control materials, tools and vehicle
- Sits for long periods of time in a closed vehicle.
- Uses repetitive motions.
- Uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision and depth perception.
- Moves or lifts heavy equipment and objects up to 50
- Uses eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very
- Exposed to loud noise.
As a US Department of Transportation contractor, RailWorks is
required to comply with all current Federal DOT regulations,
including drug testing. At this time, Federal DOT drug tests do not
allow for the use of marijuana, even in states that allow medical
and/or recreational use.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete,
comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be
required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and
other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with
RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: Railworks, Houston , Backhoe and Excavator Equipment Operator, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!