Clinical Manager - Labor & Delivery, NIGHTS
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for providing leadership to the department -
overseeing the daily operations - managing and developing
departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team
in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process,
ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients.
- Bachelors of Nursing degree from an accredited school of
professional nursing required or documented degree plan and
timeframe to complete Bachelors Nursing
- For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals
or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a
Bachelors of Nursing is required at the time of hire or
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline
and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Three (3) or more years experience in clinical area of practice
and minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or
- Clinical Manager II: additional two (2) years experience (3
years total) in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department,
including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking
departmental call; planning for continuity of care, serving in
charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business
partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing
evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired
client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire
continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of
service according to established service standards, optimizing the
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing; recruits, retains,
and develops staff; provides performance feedback, addressing
issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance
reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Clinical Manager - Labor & Delivery, NIGHTS, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!