HLA Med Tech, Nights (M - F 2300 - 0700)
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for performing various laboratory
tests/procedures as assigned.
Education: Must possess equivalent of Bachelors of Arts,
Bachelors of Science undergraduate degree, preferably in a
biological science (There are no organized academic programs which
adequately train individuals for work in this field; a broad
scholastic background in biology, chemistry, and immunology is
- MT (ASCP) Registry Certified MLS (ASCP), Certified MLS (ASCP)CM
or eligible for registry and certification obtained within
one (1) year of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Certification in Histocompatibility ABHI is preferred
- Completion of MHHS HLA Medical Technologist skills competency
within one (1) year of accepting this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs and documents test results, quality control,
maintenance procedures and associated corrective actions according
- Manages/performs other aspects of daily laboratory operations
including collections, sample processing, result
reporting/distribution, and clerical duties as required to maintain
efficient work flow, at a competent level and according to the
age/needs of the patient/population served, communicating special
circumstances to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and
patients as to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory
and/or reporting of results according to the policies and
procedures set forth by Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives set forth
by laboratory services, the hospital, and system. Understands,
communicates and complies with standards and conditions set forth
by various governmental and accrediting agencies including TJC,
FDA, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA, ASHI and CLIA.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and
customer service/satisfaction while promoting safety, cost
efficiency, and a commitment to the Performance Improvement
- Gains/maintains functional knowledge of system computers as
required by job assignment.
- Supports system and hospital customer service and quality
initiatives. Recognizes customer satisfaction issues and responds
appropriately. Builds and maintains effective relationships with
other employees. Develops an effective working relationship with
all customers, solicits input, and works with customers to
implement mutually satisfying corrective actions.
- May take part in the interview process of job applicants.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , HLA Med Tech, Nights (M - F 2300 - 0700), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!