Senior Special Procedures-1
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Takes radiologic films of the body requiring specialized or
complicated procedures to assist in the diagnosis of diseases and
injuries. Acts as an assistant to the physician during invasive
radiological procedures. The senior technologist serves as a
preceptor, mentor, and resource to staff. Also assists management
with supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support,
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R), required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) years of prior experience as a Special Procedures
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with
others in order to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs special/invasive radiology procedures on patients
ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares
patients for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when
necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate
imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures delivery of
quality services in the department
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills. Acts as a resource and
mentor to staff and less experienced technologists. Introduces and
demonstrates new techniques to the other technologists.
- Reviews incomplete exam list and unsigned report status
- Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists and
department support staff
- Enters and monitors patient data and health history as its
pertinent to the exam being performed
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment. Recommends
equipment modifications. Identifies and helps to resolve equipment
malfunctions. Completes initial and renewal application for ACR and
any other accreditation.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and infection control
procedures for the department
- Helps schedule technologists to ensure appropriate staffing for
expected patient volume
- Intervenes with patients to help resolve complaints and
- Responsible for supply management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Senior Special Procedures-1, Other , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!