Mammography Technologist - Hospital or Outpatient locations
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Memorial Hermann offers Wonderful Opportunities across the city of
Houston for Mammography Technologists in our Outpatient Imaging
Departments. These opportunities offer flexibility with regards to
Full Time, Part Time and Supplemental shifts.
Come join a dynamic team and be a part of advancing the health of
the community while working with the top technology that makes
Memorial Hermann the leader in personalizing care.
This position performs mammography radiographic procedures that are
used by physicians to detect abnormalities, make diagnoses and
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic
Technology; Graduate of an approved program of mammography
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT)
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R)
- Registered Mammography Technologist by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-M)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with
others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs mammography radiographic exams on patients ensuring
compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients
for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary,
positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging
techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images.
- Enters and monitors patient data.
- Performs quality assurance on mammography equipment. May assist
with initial and renewal application for ACR and other
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment
malfunction to department management.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Mammography Technologist - Hospital or Outpatient locations, Other , Cypress, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!