Polysomnographic Technician - Memorial City
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for performing overnight polysomnography; and
conducting specialized (MSLT, etc.) sleep studies and scoring.
*Full time Nights 7:30p-7am & required alternating
*RPSGT & BLS required
Education: High School diploma or GED
- Certified by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologist (CPSGT
- Certified Polysomnographic Technician) or recently
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Certified in Basic Life Support
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Less than two (2) years of polysomnography experience
- The position requires occasional or frequent lifting up to
75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds
- Demonstrate commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers appropriate patient care at a competent level and
according to the age of the patient or patient population being
- Prepares for and conducts overnight testing procedures; reviews
patient records, examines orders and protocols for study and
recognizes chief sleep/wake complaints.
- Interviews patient to assess current medications, recent
alcohol or caffeine ingestion, current sleeps pattern and need for
treatment intervention during study.
- Monitors polysomnogram during patient examination, scores
polysomnogram and prepares detailed summary of clinical
- Ensures the safety and welfare of patients, including pediatric
and psychiatric patients with special needs. Performs complex
procedures and special activities including multiple sleep latency
tests and evaluation/testing of infant and pediatric patients.
- Adheres to established safety, sanitation, and equipment
maintenance procedures. Schedules patients for studies, maintain
accurate patient records and files.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Polysomnographic Technician - Memorial City, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!