Supplemental Cardiac Sonographer
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
This position performs echocardiograms to evaluate different
aspects of the heart for use by physicians in the diagnosis and
treatment of patients
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiac
Sonography Technology, Radiologic Technology, or Sonography
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- One (1) of the following required:
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International or
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by the
Cardiovascular Credentialing International or
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with
others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs echocardiogram tests on patients: Prepares patients
for the test, explains test, positions patients for the test,
selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical
quality of the images.
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and escalates
- Performs quality assurance on the equipment. May assist with
initial and renewal application for ACR and other
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment
malfunction to the Supervisor/Manager
- Participates in performance improvement activities established
by the department.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Supplemental Cardiac Sonographer, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!