Manager, Quality and Patient Safety
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Hospital Quality Manager will manage the hospital quality and
patient safety program. The manager will supervise others within
the hospital in clinical robust process improvement supporting
evidence based practices, the reduction of medical/health care
errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse
outcomes. The manager will provide supervision for robust process
improvement projects ensuring high reliability methods, quality
measures monitoring and ongoing regulatory compliance and
readiness. The manager will assist in educating leadership,
physicians, and staff on high reliability methodologies including
system-based causes for medical error within a hospital. The
Hospital Quality Manager will work closely with hospital leadership
to optimize hospital strategic goals and objectives. The manager
supervises the collection, analysis and reporting of quality and
patient safety data within a hospital in relation to cost
containment, performance improvement and outcomes. The manager is
accountable for coordinating the reporting of hospital improvement
activities addressed at different levels including Monthly
Operating Reviews and Quality Committees. The manager promotes
interdisciplinary collaboration; fosters team work and champions
service excellence throughout a hospital. The manager serves as a
resource and subject matter expert to proactively address quality
and patient safety issues.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Nursing or related
clinical area required
Licenses/Certifications: Healthcare Quality Certification
(CPHQ) required or within twelve months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum three (3) years acute hospital-based experience
- One (1) year supervisory experience
- One (1) year experience preferred in clinical performance
improvement or other quality management program
- Working knowledge of robust process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of leading practice in clinical care and regulatory
and accreditation requirements
- Self-motivated, proven communication skills, assertive
- Demonstrated effective working relationship with
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals
at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality
- Directs and manages the day to day regional quality and patient
safety operational budget. Assures that revenue, expenses,
contribution margin and FTEs meet or exceed budget; prepares and
submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately
projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative
variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items
- Manages components of the hospital quality and patient safety
- Assists in identifying quality and patient safety improvement
opportunities based on evidence based clinical practices and
statistical analysis of current practice patterns.
- Manages clinical quality and patient safety data collection,
aggregation, and dissemination within the hospital, specific to
clinical quality and patient safety.
- Collaborates with hospital leadership to manage and monitor
outcomes measures within the hospital.
- Promotes a culture of patient safety and implementation of high
reliability practices within a hospital.
- Collaborates with system and regional leadership to implement
patient safety alerts, prompts and tools within a hospital.
- Manages local performance improvement and patient safety
specialists in their daily quality and patient safety operations,
and implements systems for optimal knowledge transfer and
efficiency within the hospital.
- Facilitates and manages short term and long term quality and
patient safety robust process improvement projects to continuously
improve the quality and patient safety program within the
- Promotes communication and collaboration between all
stakeholders in quality and patient safety strategies.
- Collaborates with system, regional and hospital leadership to
implement the education program for physicians, managers, staff,
patients and families pertaining to quality and patient safety
- Coordinates accreditation and regulatory continuous compliance
within the hospital with JCAHO, CMS, and TDH.
- Manages the day to day hospital quality and patient safety
operational budget. Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution
margin and FTEs meet or exceed budget.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Manager, Quality and Patient Safety, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!