Infection Prevention -Non Cert (The Woodlands)
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Infection Preventionist I role executes the implementation of
the infection prevention program in a hospital, central and
ambulatory care setting. This individual will be involved in the
education of patients, health care providers, consultation to
leadership and ambulatory/hospital staff. This individual will be
involved in monitoring of healthcare practices that will place
patients and healthcare providers at risk, surveillance of
healthcare associated infections through chart abstraction,
application of standardized criteria and data submission, and will
communicate findings to healthcare providers and hospital
leadership. The Infection Preventionist I is a active participant
in accreditation and licensing activities. This position reports to
the Regional Manager of Infection Prevention.
The Infection Preventionist I supports Infection Prevention
improvement projects across the
continuum of care by recognizing trends and opportunities for
improvement based upon surveillance findings. The Infection
Preventionist I collects and reports healthcare associated
infections as required by the State of
Texas, CMS and monthly operating reports.
Education: Bachelors degree in nursing, public health or
related field, Masters preferred
Licenses/Certifications: CIC certification preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical/healthcare experience preferred
- Working knowledge of statistics, microbiology, patient care
practices, epidemiology, and occupational health preferred
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and
- Team facilitation skills preferable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Coordinates infection prevention activities with physicians,
department directors, and clinical and non-clinical staff as well
as service line assigned.
- Performs surveillance activities and reliably applies
- Peforms surveillance activities and applies an epidemiologic
approach to problem solving.
- Submits data in a timely manner as required by the State of
Texas and CMS via NHSN and monthly operating reports.
- Provides formal and informal education on disease transmission,
prevention and interventions to reduce infection risk to health
care providers and patients.
- Recommends changes in systems, practices and reports.
- Communicates findings and recommendations to key
- Coordinates exposure follow up for patients and healthcare
- Participates in robust process improvement infection prevention
- Participates in readiness activities and surveys for
accreditation and licensure.
- Promotes a culture of patient safety and implementation of high
reliability practices related to infection prevention.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate
knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates
to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served
by this position are circled:
| Neonate | Infant | Pediatric | Adolescent | Adult |
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Infection Prevention -Non Cert (The Woodlands), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!