Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 1, 2021
- We are now hiring for
a full-time WAREHOUSE/DELIVERY position.
- Location: University of Houston System, Athletics - 3874
Holman St, Houston, TX 77204. Note: online applications
- Schedule: F/T: Must be able to work flexible
shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Requirement: Must have 2+ yr warehouse/inventory
experience, and great customer service skills.
- Perks: Free shift meal, ability to train onsite, ability
to grow with the company.
*Internal Employee Referral
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: Performs functions in warehouse
involving receiving, picking, pulling and loading of materials in a
safe manner. Drives company vehicle to transport products,
supplies, mail and cash to and from specified destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Withdraws merchandise and supplies from the warehouse.
- Verifies load against products ordered; prepares delivery
tickets or shipping papers when applicable.
- Loads products, supplies, mail and cash onto vehicle; drives to
designated locations; unloads truck, and distributes delivered
items as instructed; picks up product, supplies and cash funds to
be returned to branch or designated location; obtains and approves
receipts or delivery slips; returns to warehouse and unloads
vehicle distributing items as directed.
- Collects empty containers and unsold merchandise for return to
warehouse and/or disposal.
- Monitors product usage; makes adjustments to control inventory
- Ensures proper handling of perishable products; maintains
refrigeration of food and beverages.
- Maintains security of cash and property by locking unattended
vehicle, securing funds in a locked safe, and securing keys and
vehicle at end of shift.
- Unloads and cleans trash from vehicle; performs daily vehicle
operative checks; maintains truck log according to state and
federal regulations; reports vehicle problems; secures keys and
- Performs the job safely while adhering to company safety
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with forklift and power jacks. Valid
driver's license required based on vehicle to be used according to
state or federal requirements.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to
this job via text messaging? Text JOB to
75000 and search requisition ID number
560654. Additionally, you can get
in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you
unique with a Pre-recorded Video Interview! Click
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Compass Group, Houston , WAREHOUSE/DELIVERY (FULL-TIME), Other , HOUSTON, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!