Computed Tomography Technologist - PT
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: September 15, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
This position performs Computed Tomography (CT) scans to create
cross-sectional images of tissues and internal organs, to be used
by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board
- Registered CT Technologist by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-CT), required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with
others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs CT scans on patients: Prepares patients for CT scan,
explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions
patients for the CT scan, selects appropriate imaging techniques,
and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on CT equipment. May assist with
initial and renewal application for ACR and other
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment
malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Computed Tomography Technologist - PT, Other , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!