Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Texas Oncology
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Texas Oncology is looking for an Oncology
Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team!This position will
support the Houston Fannin location. This is a
full-time Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm position with no weekends, call,
or major holidays. Texas Oncology is the largest
community oncology provider in the country and has approximately
600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern
Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care
because they believed in making the best available cancer care
accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at
home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our
mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use
leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality,
high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
"More breakthroughs. More victories." ® in their fight against
cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all
Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must
recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care
and participates in company-wide quality initiatives. Supports and
adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code
of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Collects and records nursing assessment and interventions.
- Reviews and reports the results of the health status assessment
and physical examination, pertinent laboratory data, radiographic
data and psychosocial assessment of assigned patients to the
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
The ideal candidate for the Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)
will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Houston , Oncology Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!