MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
Newly created Development Director opportunity! This national
real estate development firm works largely in the industrial and
last mile logistics space with an impressive Houston area
portfolio. They have a great project pipeline at the moment and are
therefore looking to add an experience Development professional to
the team to execute on existing deals.
*Development Manager Responsibilities:*
* Work with the Construction/ GC partners on completion of all
* Create and update financial proformas using Excel or other
* Manage projects as required by permits, governmental codes,
and established industry standards
* Ensure the design and development of plans meet company and
* Bid out architect, engineering, and consulting contracts to
qualified companies, and thoroughly evaluate all bid proposals
* Prepare contracts per company standards, including insurance
requirements, and schedules, which meet company obligations
* Direct architects, engineers, consultants, and activities to
meet project schedules
* Control project costs within the approved budget
* Represent the company before all land use entitlement
* Work with the Construction department on the transition of
projects from permitting to construction
The successful candidate for the Development Director position
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in the fields of Real Estate
Development, Urban Planning, Finance, Engineering, Architecture,
Project/Construction Management or related field
* 8+ years of work experience in above listed fields ideally
with a focus on industrial and last-mile logistics projects
* Exposure to a variety of mid to large size development
projects in the greater Houston, TX market required.
* Strong financial acumen with deep knowledge of real estate
underwriting and real estate finance concepts.
* Candidates must have exposure to multifamily development
projects, ideally from sourcing through stabilization/leasing.
National real estate developer with a strong Texas pipeline,
both at planning/design and construction phases.
Strong basic salary plus upward mobility and potential to
participate in deals.