Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: September 16, 2021
This position performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
procedures to create three dimensional images of tissue, organs and
other body parts that are used by radiologists to detect
abnormalities, make diagnoses and treat patients.
- Performs MRI procedures on patients: Prepares patients for MRI
exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary,
positions patients for the MRI scanner, selects appropriate imaging
techniques, and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and
matrix camera. May assist with initial and renewal application for
ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment
malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all
Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in inpatient AND outpatient setting
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- One (1) of the following combinations required:
Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT) and Registered MRI
Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT) and Registered
Radiological Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT-R) and Registered MRI Technologist by the
American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , MRI Tech, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!