Director, Clinical Services
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operations of
the Clinical Services Department in accordance with federal, state
and local standards. Responsible and accountable for maintaining
the highest degree of quality care at all times.
- Directs, coordinates, and monitors nursing care delivery to
assure safe, effective, and appropriate care. Ensures residents'
rights are maintained at all times.
- Oversees the assessment of comprehensive nursing needs of each
resident using acceptable long term care assessment tools and
according to state and federal time frames. Oversees the
coordination of care plans for each resident.
- Works with other team members to monitor day to day care levels
of residents for quality assurance and to verify appropriate levels
of care are established according to Medicare/Medicaid
- Maintains care plans for each resident; monitors medication and
treatment schedules; works with attending physicians to ensure care
plans are followed; and provides direct care when required.
- Establishes and implements Quality Assurance Performance
Improvement Program for improved resident care, and quality of life
programs according to company policies and as required by federal
- Participates in Community Surveys completed by authorized
government agencies. Monitors the community Quality Indicators and
survey reports. Assists with the development of Success Plans of
identified areas of opportunity.
- Develops and implements a Clinical Services organizational
structure. Determines staffing needs; recruits, selects, hires, and
orients nursing staff/direct care personnel. Assists the Human
Resource Director and Health Care Administrator with recruitment
and selection of Clinical Services Associates. Completes associate
performance evaluations and disciplinary action as needed.
Delegates' authority to supervisory/lead staff.
- Reviews complaints and grievances filed by personnel and/or
residents. Reports and investigates all allegations of abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property. Reports suspected or known
violations of disclosure of resident protected health
- Coordinates ancillary services.
- Oversees the coordination of MDS to ensure timeliness of
- Maintains the policy and procedures that govern day-to-day
functions in the Clinical Services Department. Develops,
implements, and ensures nursing standards and department operation
standards meet or exceed federal and state regulatory requirements.
Plans, develops, and implements the Clinical Systems in accordance
with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long
- Assists in preparing the nursing department's budget; prepares
monthly variance report; monitors equipment and supplies. Maintains
Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements according to established
- Plans, develops, and implements safe practices for resident
safety in accordance with state, federal, and OSHA regulations, and
ensures that policies and procedures in regards to resident safety
are followed by staff and by residents. Develops and implements
safety standards and regulations for equipment, supplies, and
resident care rooms.
- Assists the Quality Improvement Nurse in establishing infection
control and immunization processes, and in developing and
delivering training programs to meet continuing education
- Serves on and attends various committees of the community as
appointed by the Health Care Administrator. Evaluates and
implements recommendations from the various committees pertaining
to Clinical Services.
- Oversees, manages and delegates all roles and
of the Assistant Director of Clinical Services and the Quality
Improvement Nurse, Clinical Services.
- Completes other duties assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Houston , Director, Clinical Services, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!