Posted on: October 14, 2021
Long time Houston press and
fabrication shop has an immediate need for a Die Setter for their
fast paced shop. Your experience removing and setting up
tooling will get you in front of this client fast. These are
30 ton to 400 ton presses.
Pay is $19 - 25/hr Depending on
experience. Must be available for last minute overtime to
include weekends if needed.
Perks with ResourceMFG
- FREE online training
- Weekly Pay / Direct Deposit
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision
and TONS of Discount Programs
3+ years experience:
- Die Setter
- Presses - 30 - 400 ton presses (mechanical and hydraulic),
C-frame and straight side designs
- Experience with Bliss, Niagra, Minster, Verson, Rousselle,
and Diacro a plus
- Overhead Cranes
- Mechanically Inclined
- Lifts specified die sections into machine, using chain fall or
- Secures die sections in position and adjusts stoke of
ram, using hand tools.
- Connects water hoses to cooling system of die.
- Preheat die sections with torch or electric heater.
- Turns valves and sets dials to regulate flow of water
circulating through die, timing cycle, and operating speed of
machine, based on size and structure of part to be cast and type
and temperature of metal being used.
- Starts machine to produce sample casting, and examines
casting to verify setup.
- (May) Cleans die casting machines, using high-pressure
steam hose and detergent.
- (May) Performs maintenance on machine or dies, such as
replacing pipelines or hoses, lubricating machine, or replacing
ejector pins in dies.
- Dismantles dies for repair by Die Maker.
- Responsible for working safely and maintaining a safe
Keywords: ResourceMFG, Houston , Die Setter, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!