Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Nights - Katy Rehab
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: October 14, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for administering basic and advanced
therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, including arterial blood
gases, neonatal procedures, trauma care and ventilator transports,
to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients in adult
and neonatal critical care units. Function as a resource to RCP I.
Participates and leads advanced patient education. Be actively
involved in departmental quality program.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Registered
Respiratory Therapist-Adult Critical Care Specialty (RRT-ACCS)
or Registered Respiratory Therapist-Sleep Disorders
Specialty (RRT-SDS) required. (Incumbents hired into this job prior
to 2/18/2019 may be either RRT or Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Current and unrestricted Respiratory Care Practitioner License
with the State of Texas required
- BCLS and one (1) of the following: ACLS, PALS, NRP,
CPFT, RPFT, RPSGT, Asthma Certified Educator, NRP Instructor, ACLS
Instructor, PALS Instructor or CPR Instructor
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience with a minimum
of six (6) months of critical care experience.
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to
50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and
squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability
to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate
verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to
monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize
alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical
characteristics are essential to this position.
- Ability to commit to elected commitment schedule, with
flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and
customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost
efficiency, and a commitment to the CQI process. Perform
respiratory care quality assurance problem solving and take
- Performs respiratory care procedures: administers medical
gases, humidifiers and aerosols for therapeutic and diagnostic
purposes according to advanced skills check-off for RCP II.
Conducts advanced patient education per skills check-off.
- Takes and follows verbal treatment orders from physicians in
administering drugs and medications to the cardiopulmonary system
of patients. Evaluates treatment program, results and takes
- Performs the following: patient assessment, interpret arterial
blood gases, pulmonary function testing, hemodynamics and chest
x-rays as indicated in skills check-off for RCP II. Develop
respiratory care plan and make recommendations for patient
management. Serve as a resource person to RCP I.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages
time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical records
and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently
according to policies and procedures.
- Participates in the evaluation of new respiratory care
- Remain current in respiratory care through continuing
education, participation in in-service training, and review of
journals. Conducts inter and intradepartmental respiratory care
in-services at least once a year to patients, staff, hospital,
system or to the community.
- Adhere to commit to the agreed upon supplemental schedule set
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Nights - Katy Rehab, Other , Katy, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!