Posted on: November 22, 2021
Basic Function Under the supervision of a METRO police shift
sergeant, protects METRO employees, property, and customers from
criminal offenses, apprehends persons committing offenses against
METRO, deters transit-related crimes through increased visibility
and mobility; enforces federal and state statutes, and county and
municipal ordinances within the METRO service area. Performs duties
in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable
rules and safety procedures.Responsibilities and Specific
- Enforces federal and state statutes, and county and municipal
ordinances within the METRO service area.
- Responds promptly and safely to calls for service from the
- Protects METRO employees, property, and patrons from criminal
- Patrols bus routes and light rail corridor, including boarding
areas as assigned; conducts fare inspections/enforcement as
- Patrols all METRO owned facilities and other properties as
- Apprehends persons committing offenses associated with calls
for service or investigations conducted, working in uniform or in
plainclothes, as appropriate.
- Initiates actions to safely facilitate traffic mobility, such
as directing traffic or removing road hazards.
- Conducts preliminary investigations of offenses committed
within the METRO service area.
- Maintains evidence chain of custody pursuant to the arrest and
processing of offenders.
- Ensures that all documentation is completed for the arrest and
processing of offenders.
- Develops good working relationships with municipal, county,
state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Patrols HOV and/or HOT lanes and diamond lanes; requests
services of wreckers as required.
- Renders aid and remains on scene at accidents to maintain
safety of motorists and others until appropriate response units
- Uses computers and appropriate software in office and police
vehicle environments to enter daily activity data and prepare
- Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with the policies
and procedures of METRO and all General Orders, policies,
procedures of the METRO Police Department.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to
reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Education
Requirement High school diploma, a GED or a minimum of two years of
active military service with a DD-214 Honorable DischargeYears &
Experience Required Must meet the training standards successfully
in the first year of hire. Must be at least 21 years of age at
Keywords: METRO, Houston , Police Officer, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!