Import Account Executive
Company: Norton Lilly International
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The Import Account Executive is responsible for U.S. Customs
entry writing, delivery of air, ocean and truck cargoes, and client
invoicing. Position is in Humble, TX (Houston). Possible remote
position but must be willing to train in Houston and ability to
travel to the office if needed. Duties include but are not limited
- Preparation of customs entries and forwarding freight to
- Communicate documentation discrepancies to clients.
- Identify, adapt, and apply approaches to solve problems and to
- Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations.
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country
of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that
compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which
requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively,
both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Issue final billing to customer or network offices
- Any other tasks as assigned by management.Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS degree highly preferred but will supplement for
verifiable industry related experience.
- One - two, (1 - 2years of functional experience in US Customs
- Must have previous experience working with ocean and truck
cargoes, and client invoicing.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Organizational and Time management skills: multi-tasking and
prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet
- Knowledge of HTS, CFR 19, and OGA preferred.
- Result and Compliance oriented.
- Knowledge of CargoWise software a plus.
- Proficient in software applications including but not limited
to MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, and previous experience with
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Accurate, detail oriented and organized with proven ability to
manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the descriptions,
other duties may be required.
- Position may change as the industry and technology
evolve.Working ConditionsThe physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.May require evening, weekend, and holiday work. General
office setting, typically the employee may sit comfortably to
perform the work, usually at a computer terminal - with short
breaks or lunch period. However, there may be some
bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder level, walking; standing;
carrying of light items such as papers, books, or packages of up to
25 pounds. Should be able to hear &speak clearly using phone /
headset to communicate with customers; be able to navigate, view
&enter information on the computer. Must be able to work
flexible shifts including evenings & weekends, on call as
needed.Job Type: Full-timePay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftApplication Question(s):
- Do you have previous experience in ocean and truck cargoes, and
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- US Customs: 2 years (Preferred)Language:
- English (Preferred)Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- YesWork Location: One location
Keywords: Norton Lilly International, Houston , Import Account Executive, Other , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!