Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: This is a machinist position performing parts
manufacturing at the Houston PMC on 2nd shift. The first set of
duties includes, following assignments and instructions from
management to receive, cut and deliver many types of materials to
their corresponding locations in the shop. The second part consist
in performing hand-detail work, and balancing required for the
rotating pump component per blueprint. Responsibilities &
- Be able to interpret blueprints.
- Operate manual equipment (forklift, measuring tools, grinders,
and bandsaw machine).
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to
learn new skills with a positive attitude.
- Have a willingness to work overtime and weekends when required
to meet customers' delivery dates.
- Have ability to take instruction and work safely in a shop
environment and around industrial machinery.
- Be able to work on feet for majority of day and lift 50
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers
and supervisors Requirements:
- Three years of manufacturing related work experience.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to read and follow route sheets and blueprints.
- Able to perform basic computer operations.
- Ability to perform general machine shop math and
- Must have ability to read measuring devices such as scales and
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a warehouse and inventory control is a
plus. Preferred Experience / Skills: same as above Primary Posting
Location: Houston, Texas US Job Posting Category: Operations Job
Advertising Title: Machinist Employment Type: Full time Country:
United States Auto req ID: 53868BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn
more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click
here to learn more.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond
to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as
your subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Accessibility Process. id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Houston , Machinist, Other , Cypress, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!