Default Business Controls Specialist - Remote
Company: Freedom Mortgage
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This position is fully remote!
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to
assist in the management of departmental and process related audits
to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with
requirements, and assess if performing within tolerable risk level.
In addition to audits, oversight of vendor, department and employee
scorecards to ensure optimal performance across the Default
Essential Job Functions
- Execution of audit procedures including reviewing transactions
performed in the servicing system, documents, records, reports, and
policies & procedures to evaluate effectiveness of internal
- Test Risk and Control Assessments for all areas of
- Administer audits, or reviews, of processes within Freedom
Default Departments to identify key Risks.
- Recommend and assist Default departments with process
improvements or offer suggestions as to how risk can be mitigated
within a process of a department.
- Identify areas at an acceptable risk level and ensure
management is made aware.
- Identify training opportunities within the Default organization
and perform follow up to confirm completion.
- Monitor KRI dashboard performance. Conduct deep dive for any
component that may be underperforming.
- Compiles monthly department and line level employee scorecards.
Reviews data to ensure accurate reporting.
- Work with Senior management to develop and implement new
policies and procedures.
- Keep management informed of all trends and identified issues
including, but not limited to, areas of risk, curtailment and
- Stays abreast of changes in the servicing industry specific to
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience in residential
mortgage servicing specializing in Default and risk management and
business control testing.
- Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Articulate and effective communicator.
- Industry and product knowledge
- LoanServ servicing system experience
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED OR 1-2 years of related experience
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since
grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned
full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50
states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands,
Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly
servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a
leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's
largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families
through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two
regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large
operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets
Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL;
Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for
advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and
recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected
veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants
encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful
completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace.
Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including
medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in
confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match
requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID
Equal Opportunity Employer-
Keywords: Freedom Mortgage, Houston , Default Business Controls Specialist - Remote, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!