Posted on: May 15, 2022
*This assignment is a 1-year Contract with a Fortune 500
organization in the Energy sector, headquartered in Houston where
this person will work from home Mondays and Fridays; onsite Tuesday
The Data Scientist is expected to create innovative technologies
through working on a diverse and stimulating range of projects,
including development of various types of deep neural networks for
prototype applications, and scale of deployable AI solutions to be
embedded into commercial platforms for subsurface
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software development for Petrel plug-in with integration of
deep learning models for geoscience applications
- Develop standardized code for handling various datasets,
including seismic, well log, drilling data, etc.
- Automate deep learning workflows applied to seismic
interpretation, inversion, drilling, and well logs.
- Develop code for enhancing subsurface data quality to improve
deep learning performance
- Develop tools for subsurface data visualization and processing
in expediting deep learning workflows
- Automation of traditional workflows in the exploration
- Reduction of cycle times and improvement of the precision for
subsurface interpretations and reservoir quality
- Familiar with Petrel software development
- Experience in working with geophysical and petrophysical data
- Experience in developing web apps or API backend in using
Django, Flask, or others
- Experience in the AI domains that have been applied to the
fields in computer vision or "NLP"
- Python programming skills and familiar with one of deep
learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Understanding of latest neural network architectures such as
convolutional neural networks, generative models, etc..
*Up to $135/hr pay rate. US Citizens and Green Card holders are
encouraged to apply.
*Our client will not sponsor or transfer H1B or any other
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions
partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy
sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you
make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit
for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550
clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are
increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of
what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different
things are important to different people in today's world of work -
it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding
what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is
second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to
understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the
time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most
important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking
for from your next role.
Keywords: Petroplan, Houston , Data Scientist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!