Front Desk Supervisor - Embassy Suites West Katy
Company: Avion Hospitality
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryThe Front Desk Supervisor is
responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General
Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service
to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she
is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.Job
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Avion
Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with Avion Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front
desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Avion Hospitality hotel credit
- Be able to perform all duties of Front Desk Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room
rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been
accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
all Avion Hospitality standards are met.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with
fellow associates and other departments within the hotel (set
example for other associates, be the team leader).
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that associates are following and
maintaining Avion Hospitality standards (i.e., answering phones,
call-backs to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a
friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and
duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and
- Ensure that associates are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted
- Perform any other duty as required by management.
- Assist in training of new hires and current associates on a
- Attend meetings as required by management.Education &
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required. High School diploma or equivalent
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure
situations, including ability to handle guest objections and
disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co- workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.Powered by
Keywords: Avion Hospitality, Houston , Front Desk Supervisor - Embassy Suites West Katy, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!