Pipeline Services Senior Environmental Permitting Specialist
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Field Services Senior
Environmental Permitting Specialist for our office in Houston,
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Environmental
Permitting, this position is responsible for assisting with
permitting and planning development in the client area, including
all aspects of federal, state, and local construction and operating
environmental permits and project authorizations. The Senior
Environmental Permitting Specialist serves as the Environmental
Lead on the project. Duties may include but are not limited
- Conduct routine field inspections of client facilities,
properties, and project sites as necessary for ensuring compliance
with permit conditions and reviews.
- Manage the environmental permitting process, from early siting
to completion, duties include engaging third-party sub-contractors
- Conduct appropriate research regarding federal, state, and
local environmental agencies to determine applicable permitting
- Ability to perform requisite environmental studies including
Wetland Delineations, Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys and
Environmental Site Assessments.
- Prepare and submit appropriate environmental documents, plans,
and permit applications, as required for various
- Coordinate agency approval of permit applications and assists
with public notice requirements when applicable.
- Ability to assess technical requirements and develop scope of
work for project execution.
- Prepare, implement, and manage professional service agreements
and task orders with consultants.
Skills / Qualifications
- Education & Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, petroleum engineering or
physical or biological science or related field/other sciences with
emphasis on environmental studies.
- 5+ years of current experience in positions requiring
proficiency with the analysis and application of environmental
regulations including permitting.
- The position is in Houston, Texas. Travel is occasional as work
may be conducted around and throughout the United States as well as
foreign countries. Passport preferred but not required as a
condition of employment.
- The successful candidate will be familiar with the various
methods of determining compensatory mitigation requirements such as
the HGM, MCM, LRAM and TXRAM models.
- Experience with FERC and Presidential Permit desired but not
- The successful candidate will also be experienced and
proficient in the utilization of ArcGIS.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal oversight.
- Established track record of obtaining environmental permits at
the state and federal level.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Houston , Pipeline Services Senior Environmental Permitting Specialist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!