Die Setter 3
Company: Goodman Manufacturing
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Die Setter 3rd shift
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a
professional, skilled individual for our Die Setter within at our
DTTP - Waller, TX location.
The Die Setter is responsible for setting up and adjusting various
sizes of dies into stamping presses to insure parts are produced
within specification. Perform any necessary die adjustments at set
ups and to check accuracy during production. Also, configure,
adjust and operate automatic or semi-automatic presses and
mechanical equipment. Ensure the quality production of their
assigned jobs at expected production level.
Overall Goal: To produce and deliver a quality product in a timely
manner for internal and external customers. Eliminates scrap and
additional costs using zero defects methods. To always work in a
safe manner following the safety policies, housekeeping and
environmental policies and work instructions. If you meet the
qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our
open position by visiting our website at and submit your
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million
square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory
in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing,
logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary
Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold
under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Goodman Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of heating,
ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential
and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman and
Amana brand names, and are sold through company-operated and
independent distribution networks with more than 1200 distribution
points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004
accredited, an international certification that recognizes
manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally
sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more
than 60,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one
HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing
operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90
countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and
develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are
backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.-an organization that brings
opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Subsidiaries
include Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, Quietflex,
Motili and TMI.
May include in addition to;
- Sets up and removes dies to be put on presses following blue
prints, work order and data specifications for manual
- Arrange and set-up operations on CNC brakes and shears (tool
replacement, x&y setups and CNC programs).
- Perform die/tool setup/changeover for stamping press, brake
press, CNC Amada, Amada Laser, etc., this includes performing setup
operations for progressive and manual dies, also includes
punch/spring replacement/feeder setup, responsible to produce 1st
piece sample that conforms with current drawing.
- Supplies 1st PC sample checks using prints, calipers and
related measuring equipment & set dies as directed by dept.
- Work closely with die changeover team members by providing
information needed by to accurately diagnose and repair
- Participate in continuous improvement and assist in its
implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Complete the necessary paperwork
- Instruct standard work process for setting dies on manual
- Maintains good housekeeping - clean and safe work station
Perform additional duties as needed.
Nature & Scope:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints
- Must be able to use calipers and other QC gauges and indicators
to set manual/automatic dies
- Must be able to set up the die and teach standard work on a
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to get along well, communicate timely and accurately to
co-workers and supervisors
- Eye/hand coordination, proficiency with hands to use tools and
- Ability and awareness of safe work practices and procedures and
good housekeeping practices
- Ability to stand long periods of time
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent preferably
- Prior experience is required for all levels
- Strong technical and mechanical background
Die Setter 1
- Requires in-house certification from Die Setter Phase 1
training which requires about 2-6 weeks of class room and on the
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodations. The manufacturing area has high
volume production with forklift traffic. Certain areas may have
higher sound levels in which hearing protection is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in
the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer
sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in
the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees
and applicants regardless of a person's race, color, religion
(including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national
origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform
service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or
mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition
(including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic
information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex,
pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all
federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Goodman Manufacturing, Houston , Die Setter 3, Other , Waller, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!