Patient Account Representative Commercial
Company: Resource Staffing
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPatient Account RepresentativePay Rate: $18
/hr.Shift: are Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm or 8:30am
-5:00pmLocation: Loop Central DriveA major healthcare system who
owns and operates three hospitals and numerous clinics throughout
Harris County is seeking a Patient Account Representative with
previous EPIC experience.The Patient Account Representative
- Utilize payor websites to get information on eligibility, EOBs,
claim status and on-line inquiries:
- Avidity, Aetna, Cigna, Human, WellCare, Tricare, United
Healthcare, Amerigroup, Molina
- Ensuring that work queues are worked daily and monitoring
- Update the system with any follow-up activities that are being
worked or completed.
- Report payment variances, claim rejections, payor reimbursement
issues, or other system issues immediately to management.
Completing research daily on each account which includes
- reviewing EOBS, Ras and correspondence from payors that relate
to account activities.
- Monitoring account reimbursement daily to ensure that payments
are accurate and processed timely.
- Updating patient demographic, insurance, and other patient
information. • Must apply appropriate adjustment on accounts which
require additional contractual adjustments or a write-off.
- Review patient accounts to determine the next collection
action, whether negotiation payment arrangement or discount,
proceeding with legal action, or conducting additional insurance
- Research denied claims and determines the appropriate course of
action to resolve account balances through EPIC Account work
- Identifies issues that are creating denials and works with
associated departments to prevent future denials. Requirements:
- Previous patient account representative experience
- EOBs, claims, eligibility
- Understanding of major insurance carriers #IND5
Keywords: Resource Staffing, Houston , Patient Account Representative Commercial, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!