Operator, Pipeline (ECHO Storage)
Company: Enterprise Products Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly
traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of
midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural
gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our
services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing,
transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation,
storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering,
transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined
products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine
transportation business that operates primarily on the United
States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's
assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million
barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products
and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas
The Pipeline Operator performs terminal and station operations both
in and outside responsibilities. Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
* Plans and executes crude oil delivery to appropriate pipelines or
* Performs measurement analysis to determine crude oil API gravity
and sediment and water percentage.
* Monitors operational data during crude oil movements and takes
appropriate actions when necessary.
* Ensures safety and protection of the environment for activities
performed by terminal maintenance, inspection, and crude oil
* Monitors terminal equipment during operational activities to
ensure proper function.
* Performs tank-to-tank transfers when necessary.
* Gathers and organizes measurement data, including meter counts,
sediment and water data, and other related information.
* Enters measurement data into ticketing system, analyzing the data
once entered and correcting any errors.
* Performs basic maintenance activities, general housekeeping, and
other related activities.
* Plans and executes equipment and pipeline drain activities prior
to maintenance or new construction work.
* Assigns work permits for company and contract personnel working
at local facilities.
* Communicates operational information, maintenance needs, and
other related information to internal and external customers in
both verbal and written form.
* Coordinates emergency response activities when necessary and can
act as first responder when required.
* Capable of activating emergency response plan for the area,
including making necessary preliminary notifications.
The successful candidate will meet the following
* High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
* Technical certification or equivalent training/experience in a
processing plant, pipeline or similar industry is desired
* Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is
* Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy
* Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
* Must be willing to work a 12 hour rotating shift, includes
weekends and holidays
* Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of
tools and equipment.
* Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and
possess basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word
* Good verbal/ written communication skills, decision making skills
and strong work ethic.
* Able to maintain and promote good working relationships within a
* Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and
handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous
* Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs and must
live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job
* Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing
* Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team
environment and willing to learn.
* Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to
make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
* Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride
in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
* Candidate must have good organizational skills, excellent
attention to detail.
* Good customer relation skills with the ability to interface with
land owners and other corporate and field personnel.
* Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and
* Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and
* Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and
* Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing,
sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including
alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect
* May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors,
* Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to
higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs.,
manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot
pounds of torque.
* Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and
ride over rough roads.
* Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able
to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective
Keywords: Enterprise Products Company, Houston , Operator, Pipeline (ECHO Storage), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!