Education and Resource Specialist (Hybrid, STARTS JULY 2022)
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job Profile Summary
Position responsible for developing, providing, and coordinating
direct staff education, indirect patient education, orientation
training, and development of curriculum and individual learning
plans and monitoring staff.
Strong educator with a critical care or ER background with an MSN
and/or professional certification. This position will be
responsible for supporting 2 of our strongest and most critical NRP
and Fellowship scopes.
Education: Masters Degree or clinical specialty certification
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional
- Completion of Basic Life Support
- Other certification based upon specific nursing unit
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered
- Viewed as an "expert and leader" in current specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Serves as an educational resource at the service level and for
core hospital activities. Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates,
implements and evaluates educational needs that are appropriate to
target population. Works independently to develop curriculum for
identified learning needs.
- Facilitates and coordinates individual learning plans.
- Promotes team approach to healthcare delivery. Facilitates
effective patient education at the service level. Evaluates
effectiveness of patient education.
- Develops and maintains new employee orientation program. Acts
as clinical resource for staff. Communicates effectively with all
levels of the healthcare team.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Education and Resource Specialist (Hybrid, STARTS JULY 2022), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!