Quality Control Supervisor
Company: Valvoline Inc.
Location: Deer Park
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Why Valvoline?We've been in the car business for more than 150
years, starting with the invention of the world's first motor oil.
Today, we're a global leader in automotive services and lubricants,
driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and
service excellence. As we often say, it starts with all of our
people - and that's where you come in. We're looking for humble,
hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If
you're looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment
that invests in your growth and success, you've come to the right
place. Careers for the DrivenValvoline has a rewarding opportunity
as a Quality Control Supervisor. We whole-heartedly adopt a 'never
idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and
ends with our employees. So, we're looking for good people to join
our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give
you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and
the resources and support to develop and advance within our global
company. How You'll Make an ImpactThis role will supervise the
Laboratory Technicians in the Quality Control lab, along with being
the main liaison for supplier quality and ISO management
representatives. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring Quality Control lab operates efficiently and
effectively by supervising lab technicians (including training,
testing procedures/ protocols are followed, work schedules and
performance reviews), and ensuring lab equipment functions properly
and within calibration. Trouble shoots equipment and schedules
preventive maintenance. Manages expenses related to supplies and
consumables for the laboratory.
- Managing the facility's Quality System: fulfills the Management
Rep responsibilities completing internal audits, leading management
reviews, and building action plans ensuring execution of
appropriate corrective actions.
- Investigating root causes of internal, supplier and customer
non-conformances. Manages the Incident Report System: documents
root causes of customer, internal, and supplier incidents and
implements corrective actions where applicable.
- Driving continuous improvement through 5S, lean and other
- Working directly with corporate resources change management
group for changes to our new formulations. Interfaces with Blenders
to lead changes/updates to the SMB/ILB/batch blending systems.
- Leading safety programs to ensure the safety of employees
working in the lab. Drives employee engagement in safety.
Communicates and ensures compliance with all policies and
procedures including OSHA, EPA, environmental rules, regulations,
ISO work instructions and company policies and maintains
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline
from time to time in its sole discretion.What You'll Need
- Four year technical degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
preferred. Other four year science or engineering degrees e.g.
(industrial engineering, quality engineering, etc.) will be
considered with appropriate experience
- Minimum of four years' experience in a lubricant and/or
chemical manufacturing laboratory setting plus 2 years supervisory
- Must be skilled at using common test equipment used to test
lubricants and/or chemicals
- SAP experience is extremely beneficial
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. and stand on feet occasionally for
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in SPC (Statistical Process Control), control
charts, and statistical software (e.g., mini tab)
- Experience with automotive standards APQP, PPAPs, FMEA, Control
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance**Terms and conditions apply, and benefits
may differ depending on position. Females and minorities encouraged
to apply. Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to
any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon
request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate
equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email
1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable
accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection
process. The contact information is for accommodation requests
only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the
status of applications.
Keywords: Valvoline Inc., Houston , Quality Control Supervisor, Other , Deer Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!