Light Rail Servicer
Company: Metropolitan Transit Authority
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Light Rail Servicer
Requisition Number: 5721
Pay Rate: 18.68
Houston, TX, US
Under direct supervision of the LRV Maintenance Supervisor or the
LRV Cleaning Supervisor, the LRV Servicer will clean and service
METRO. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in
compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
* Cleans Light Rail Vehicles to include flooring, windows,
passenger seats, operator cabs, interior panels, lighting fixtures,
return air grills and vehicle ducting.
* Checks and maintains appropriate levels of washer fluid and
* Performs detailed cleaning on Light Rail Vehicle and components
* Replaces soiled or work Light Rail Vehicle passenger seats.
* Steam cleans Light Rail Vehicle passenger seats.
* Cleans and scrubs Rail Facility to include floors, pits and wash
racks as assigned.
* Responsible for safe handling of yard scrubbing equipment, shop
scrubbers, forklifts and other specialized equipment.
* Disposes of trash, debris and other material as assigned.
* Operates METRO Rail non-revenue vehicles as required.
* Works in a team environment to complete necessary cleaning in a
* Maintains a safe clean work environment.
* Provides excellent cutomer service to METRO internal and external
* Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an
effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum two (2) years of stable work experience. Experience in
building maintenance services is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
A valid Texas Driver's License is required for the job and must
meet METRO's requirements regarding motor Vehicle records. Must
obtain and maintain yard safety certification. Good
(verbal/written) communications skills are essential. Able to
complete/fill-out written reports, records and forms.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a
zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All
internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug
testing before employment and will be subject to further drug
and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will
submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the
Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit
Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals
regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: Metropolitan Transit Authority, Houston , Light Rail Servicer, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!