Medical Assistant - Bilingual Spanish Preferred
Company: Oak Street Health Inc.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Medical Assistant
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of
community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health
and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and
provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in
medically underserved communities. By providing holistic,
comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients'
communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost
savings in further care for those same communities and others.
Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to
tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious
growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating
team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about
our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing
outstanding patient care. Care teams are responsible for delivering
excellent, high-touch, primary care, and coordinating the care of
our patients throughout the healthcare delivery system.
Medical Assistants are an important part of our Care Teams. High
levels of flexibility, commitment, attention to detail, and
problem-solving are required to be successful. You will be expected
to build relationships with Oak Street Health members. Medical
Assistants will work closely and collaboratively with their
teammates to greet and room Oak Street Health patients. Medical
Assistants will be expected to assist in assessing patients' health
conditions, including performing routine diagnostic testing during
* Ensures efficient patient flow by rooming patients in a timely
manner and assisting the provider with staying timely on their
* Delivers an exceptional patient experience, and helps patients
prepare for their provider visit
* Obtains vital signs, chief complaints and reviews medications
* Delivers patient screenings per protocols
* Orders supplies and stocks exam rooms
* Conducts routine quality control checks, including infection
control measures, equipment QAs, and checks for expired medication
* Ensures exam rooms are clean, safe, and ready for patient
* Under direction of an RN, Provider and/or protocol, provides
telephonic support to patients
* Under direction of an RN or Provider, offer MA appropriate
"visits", including but not limited to: administering vaccinations,
performing procedures, ABI, spirometry, EKGs, etc. (depending on
local laws and regulations)
* Performs waived laboratory testing
* Schedules diagnostic testing
* Applies or assists with the application of durable medical
* Participates in care team meetings to discuss patient care and
* Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
We're looking for motivated Registered or Certified Medical
* No Medical Assistant experience required
* CPR Certification required
* If 1 year Medical Assistant experience
* EMR experience and proficiency required
* 2+ years of experience working with geriatric patients is
* Phlebotomy Technician Certification preferred
* Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
* Demonstrates problem-solving skills, accountability, and a
flexible, positive attitude
* Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by
people in the communities we serve (where necessary and indicated
in Job title)
* US work authorization
* Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
* Radiating positive energy
* Assuming good intentions
* Creating an unmatched patient experience
* Driving clinical excellence
* Taking ownership and delivering results
* Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the
forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
* Collaborative and energetic culture
* Fast-paced and innovative environment
* Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time,
generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to
Keywords: Oak Street Health Inc., Houston , Medical Assistant - Bilingual Spanish Preferred, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!